My dad lived in one of the poorest areas in the Philippines. My grandparents and their 18 children (Yes! I said “18” and “no” none of them adopted) literally lived in a small shack, with one large living room, a kitchen and one bedroom. So, when my dad came to the United States with my mom and we were born, they decided that they would give us everything they didn’t have. That included giving us as much sweets as we wanted, anytime we wanted to have them. I grew up eating and experiencing every kind of candy out there. Some of my favorites were Charleston Chews, Bit-O-Honey and Salt Water Taffy. Today in our family, we try to avoid sweets but I still give my kids sweet treats to hopefully give them the memories of being a child, enjoying a piece of candy or cake. Memories of the sweet taste of sugar and the joy that it brings us as a kid.
So, when I was nominated for the Super Sweet Blogging Award by Especially Made , those fond and wonderful memories came back. I was truly git-tie to find the nomination and that such great woman and blogger nominated me. Her blog is a testimony of her family’s strength and God’s goodness. She is a strong and amazing woman and mom. Thank you Especially Made.
1. Thank the Super Sweet Blogger that nominated you.
2. Answer 5 Super Sweet questions.
3. Include the Super Sweet Blogging Award in your blog post.
4. Nominate a baker’s dozen (13) other deserving bloggers.
5. Notify your Super Sweet nominees on their blog.
THE 5 SUPER SWEET QUESTIONS:
1. Cookies or Cake? I like cake. I love the layers of spongy goodness with the thin layers of sweet frosting. YUM!
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? I am a chocoholic. Although my tastes are changing a bit as I grow older. I still love a deep Mocha Coffee.
3. Favorite Sweet Treat? I have 2 favorites, chocolate lava cake and crème brûlée. I love that hard layer and the smooth custard underneath. It’s all about the texture.
4. When Do You Crave Sweet Things The Most? I tend to crave sweet things late at night and when I’m truly stressed.
5. Sweet Nick Name? My husband calls me “Sweet Pea.”
No blog award post would be complete without passing on the blessing. I have found sweetness in these fellow bloggers as they have shared their experiences, their talents, their life lessons, and their world. It is with pleasure that I nominate them for the Super Sweet Blogging Award.