I am very honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award. Thank you to Aunty Amo of Fictitious Amo for nominating me. Aunty Amo is a great blogger, writer and new friend that I got to know through the A-Z April Blogging Challenge.
The Liebster Award is a blog ‘award’ that goes around from one blog to another. The award has some rules to follow. Liebster is German and means dearest.
I have to give 11 random facts about me.
I have to answer the 11 questions the presenter of the award has asked.
I have to nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the award, they must have fewer than 200 followers.
I have to ask my nominees 11 new questions of my own.
So here we go…
Random Facts About Me
- I am a recovering chocaholic. If I could I would put chocolate on almost anything.
- I love playing the cello, piano and violin (in that order).
- I love classic cars. My favorites are the Shelby Cobra and 1961 Corvette.
- I love sushi, thin crust pizza and medium rare steaks.
- My idea of fun is being at the beach, bonfires and taking long drives on a sunny day.
- I love watching baseball and I’m learning to like football.
- On date nights, sometimes my husband and I just sit on the back patio, drinking wine and smoking cigars. I share one with my hubby…I can’t smoke one on my own…to be honest, I can only handle 2-3 puffs.
- If I could do anything different, I would have pursued writing more when I was younger.
- I wouldn’t have taken my taken my last job.
- I would have been more adventurous and less tentative in life.
- I am grateful for what God has done for me everyday. He is my power and strength in all things.
And the questions from Fictitious Amo for me:
- Tell us one thing you learned from the AtoZ Challenge. I learned that I like thinking and writing “out of the box.” I say that because the most enjoyable pieces for me to write were the ones I wrote when I allowed my mind to wander (my random thoughts).
- Do you like your name? I hated my name as a youngster and that’s why I use my nickname. If not what would you change it too? I would change it to … “Ellie”
- Do you write to music or do you prefer to write in silence? I write with the television on…I like the background sound. I love music but it doesn’t help me write…in fact, sometimes it does the opposite. I can’t seem to focus with music playing in the background. Weird huh?
- Apart from the computer, what can you see in front of you? I see my fireplace, the television on the hearth and my families pictures on the same hearth.
- How did you choose the name for your blog? I am also a coffee-holic and I live in the most caffeinated state WA. So Venti Mocha Moments are the moments of the day that I sit and contemplate life then I write about what comes out of my head.
- What makes you laugh? My husband’s antics, silly sayings and spontaneous funny moments.
- Would you like to share your Facebook page or Twitter handle? @Cl_Elli
- What was your first ever blog post about? My first blog post was about how I was missing my home town and my memories from childhood. Missing Alaska
- Who was the most influential adult when you were growing up? My most influential adult growing up was my drill team coach and my Honors English teacher. Both were very strong women, successful at what they did and funny.
- If you could have an all expenses paid holiday anywhere in the world, where would it be? I would like to take my family to the next Summer Olympics in Rio. It would be an awesome experience and a once of a lifetime memory.
- I love to write limericks and short poems – can you write the last line of this one please….
I did the AtoZ
Oh yeay and whoop for me
While others were joggin
I was bloggin
believin that I can write
believin someone would be readin it,
lettin me know that they were here.
My Nominations for the Leibster Award:
- Our Life in Action Thank you for coming by and reading my pieces.
- Pickle Grit Thank you for coming by and reading my pieces.
- Sumptuous Living A fellow A-Z April Blogging Challenge writer/blogger.
- Maybe It’s Just Me… A fellow A-Z April Blogging Challenge writer/blogger. One of the first blogs I visited on this journey.
- Sincerely Shannon Fellow A-Z April Blogging Challenge writer/blogger.
- My Crazy Family Circus Fellow A-Z April Blogging Challenge writer/blogger.
- We Laugh, We Cry, We Cook Thank you for coming by and reading my pieces.
- Life Of Bear Thank you for coming by and reading my pieces.
- Especially Made Thank you for coming by and reading my pieces.
- Nir2thee Thank you for coming by and reading my pieces.
- Silvia Writes Fellow A-Z April Blogging Challenge writer/blogger.
My Questions to the Nominees:
- If you could have written any movie or book, which one would it have been and why?
- If there was one person who you had to pick that inspired you to write or blog, who were they?
- What other passions do you have if any and do you pursue them daily? Do you which you could?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- If there is something you wish you knew before you started blogging what was or is it?
- Are you easily distracted when you write…do you write in a quiet, secluded place or can you write anywhere?
- If you can, share one goal you have for yourself and your blog?
- What have you learned about yourself through blogging or writing?
- If you could be anyone for one day, who would it be and why?
- How did you get started blogging?
- How do you have fun?